The success of not-for-profit organizations in our local marketplace affects the quality and economic growth of our region. Alpern Rosenthal has established a professional group dedicated solely to serving the unique issues of not-for-profit organizations.
- Services both inventive and traditional. At Alpern Rosenthal, our services form around client needs. We support organizations with creative problem solving expertise and the traditional accounting and business consulting.
- Professionals that really respond — clearly and often. Audit and tax professionals dedicate their efforts and creative problem solving each day to the issues facing not-for-profit organizations. We take responsibility for clearly communicating with management, not only during regularly scheduled audits but all through the year, whether it's by phone, meeting or mail.
- Comprehensive, leading edge resources. Staff professionals specialize in a wide range of areas, including accounting and auditing, taxes, business management, employee benefits, information technology and consulting. Our continued goal is to provide clients with fresh information and knowledgeable advice.
- A long track record of determined, dedicated support. Established in 1990, our Not-for-Profit Services Group currently serves more than 150 organizations across our region and beyond.
- A proactive approach. Alpern Rosenthal believes the best opportunities come from vigilant service. We make sure you are promptly informed of significant new developments in auditing standards, accounting rules, tax laws or other business changes. We help clients assess the potential impact of such developments on their particular organizations and provide strategic, long-term guidance.
- An emphasis on customer satisfaction. How do we know clients are satisfied with the services they receive from Alpern Rosenthal? Clients surveyed each year consistently give us high marks for responsiveness, our industry expertise and senior level involvement in our accounts.
- Continuing education. Our professionals undergo specific government-related accounting and audit training. This training is focused on the particular business challenges confronting not-for-profit organizations.
- Value-added services. We share our extensive knowledge in the community by offering executive business forums on technical and operational issues affecting not-for-profits.
- An understanding that all not-for-profits are not alike. Our client list includes health and welfare, social service, membership associations, foundations. We are knowledgeable in the nuances associated with each of these different types of not-for-profit groups.
- Personal commitment. Many of us volunteer our own time to not-for-profit organizations, whether as board members or informal consultants.
- General accounting and business consultations
- Preparation of financial statements — audits, reviews and compilations
- Tax planning and preparation of tax returns
- Evaluations regarding unrelated business income tax
- Internal control reviews
- Goals and budgeting
- Cost allocation planning
- Assistance in implementation of new financial accounting standards
- Audits in accordance with government auditing standards and other government regulations
- Audits in accordance with OMB Circular A-133
- Strategic planning
- Cost allocation plans
- Consulting regarding investment strategy and policy
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Pledges receivable from capital campaigns
- Planned giving
- Tax structure planning
- UBIT planning
- Charitable estate planning
- Deferred compensation
Educational Services (Provided Gratis to Our Clients)
- Executive forums that address business, technical and legal issues facing not-for-profits for management and board members
- Tax updates
- Informational mailings on emerging trends and other issues pertinent to the industry