Employee Benefit Plan Audit & Consulting Services
Establishing and maintaining an employee benefits program is a complex process — from regulatory compliance to coordination between plan sponsors and service providers. Our Employee Benefits Services Group has extensive experience serving public and private companies, as well as not-for-profit entities. We currently provide audit and consulting services for more than 100 employee benefit plans of varying sizes and structures. Because every plan is unique, we work with you to provide a solution that aligns your benefits strategy to optimize tax efficiency while ensuring your employees receive the benefits they deserve.
At Alpern Rosenthal, we offer a broad range of benefits services including:
- Audits of defined contribution and defined benefit pension plans for public, privately-held and not-for-profit entities — we are registered with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) to perform employee benefit plan audits that require an 11-K filing. Types of plans include: 401(k), 403(b), ESOP, Defined Benefit Plans and Health and Welfare plans.
- Consulting on employee benefit tax-savings opportunities, deferral techniques and cost-saving strategies — at Alpern Rosenthal, we're determined to discover the methods that help you make the most of your benefits plans, and really grow your business
- Compliance reviews — reduce the cost of compliance under IRS or DOL audits and prevent plan disqualification
- Plan design and implementation — our experts can help you develop retirement plans, deferred compensation, cafeteria plans and flexible spending accounts
- Third party administration and record keeping — Alpern Rosenthal remains on top of defined contribution plans like 401(k)s, profit-sharing plans and ESOPs with dedicated administration and precision record keeping services
- Executive compensation consulting for tax and ERISA issues — turn to us for up-to-date information on options, stock and insurance-based compensation, and equity-based plans
- Liaison services with IRS and DOL — Alpern Rosenthal can ease your load by acting as your key representative with the IRS and DOL for matters involving plan examinations
- Assistance with merger and acquisition issues — when mergers and acquisitions affect benefit plans, we provide invaluable guidance
- Preparation of IRS Forms 5500, summary annual reports, and assistance with other reporting and disclosure requirements under ERISA — our Firm can be your one-stop resource for effective preparation of a variety of reports and federal tax forms
- Discrimination testing — we can help test a 401(k), 401(m), or 401(a)(4) plan, as well as perform cross-testing of "new comparability" retirement plans
- Fringe benefit plan reporting and taxation — look to us for comprehensive reporting support for these and other plans, we work to really understand the plans you have in place, and the most effective way to report your information